Sunday, January 30, 2011

Artwork with the love of my life.

Nathan decided to take me on an amazing date to Lowe's, and this is what we have created thus far:

Finger painting dates are amazing fun, I highly recommend trying it out at some point. :] We still ended up having a lot of paint left, so these are the first of many of our creations! We're hoping to fill a whole wall with color and awesome-ness.

The first one was actually our second "masterpiece". Haha, our first attempt at fingerpainting together ended up not meshing well. Perhaps if we alter it a little I will end up posting it. It's hard to notice, but in the background the colors are going in different ways because Nathan started on one side, while I started on the other. In person, it looks really cool because the styles of the colors collide. :]
The second was done on a black poster board, and the inspiration came from an American Eagle shirt that Nathan has with this image on it. We thought it was pretty unique looking, so there it is. :]

I adore you, Nathan Alan Hyer, because I love you more than I could ever promise, and you take me the way I am.


2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! I might have to try this with Allen. We need some paintings up in our apartment....or you and Nathan can make one for us. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, you should try it! It's so much fun, and you can integrate ya'lls style preferences! We just got the pint sized sample colors from Lowe's (which are like $3 each) and foam board and those tri-fold foam boards from Walmart (the plain ones were $4, and the tri-fold was $8). I just wish I was more creative with it, but hopefully that shall come with practice! :]

    ReplyDelete