Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Internet is for...

This year, I am trying to broaden my knowledge as much as possible. I feel so ignorant of many things that are going on in the world, because I'm starting to realize that the more I see, the less I know.

The internet is truly an amazing thing. I am grateful to have the world at my fingertips.
It is day seven of the Egyptian protests in an attempt to overthrow their current president, Hosni Murbarak, who has reigned for about thirty years. Because of the internet, this Revolution has reached many people that otherwise would not have cared.

So, if you took the two minutes to read this, you should take four minutes to refrain from watching yet another silly (yet super cute) kitteh video and watch this video instead. :] Who knows, you might actually learn something. :]

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mika,
    This is attempt number three to comment. The first I was still signed in as Allen, and the second time I moved on without putting in the code after my comment to make sure it posted. So let's try this again.

    I love this guy, lol. But really, I have been trying to keep up with what is happening in Egypt. It's a little hard sometimes to read between the political bullshit, but what I find sad is that in light of this revolution, Christians and Muslims are still fighting each other. =/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, good job on being successful at your comment. :]

    Indeed. Unfortunately I don't know if the fighting will ever stop.(Ha, until we find out that everyone was wrong and Mormonism was the right religion. If you don't watch South Park then for shame on you since you won't get that haha.) Hah, no but really...I'm interested to see what goes on in Palestine/Israel since they are so close.

    ReplyDelete