Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Temper gets you into trouble, but pride keeps you there.

We all loathe being wrong.
We often dig our heels in and keep our stance because we allow our pride to control our emotions.

This is especially true in relationships...we want our significant other to see our side so badly, that we sometimes forget that they have a side too. So today, I'm thankful for forgiveness. Because we cannot show our unconditional love for someone unless we learn to forgive them, and we cannot gain their love unless we are forgiven.

"I'm just a little girl lost in the moment, I'm so scared, but I don't show it. I can't figure it out, it's bringing me down. I know I've got to let it go and just enjoy the show." - Lenka, "The Show"

2 comments:

  1. Ha, yes. I for sure loathe being wrong. But I'm a silent fighter. I don't know if that's good or bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it's probably good for the most part, I hate angry yelling type fighting. :[ It's just so much more difficult to communicate that way.

    ReplyDelete